Voices of Grief, Honoring the Sacred JourneyClick to Donate
The Documentary Film – “Voices of Grief, Honoring the Scared Journey” - shares a fresh perspective on the many ways we navigate successfully through grief or companion others along their journey. Wisdom from contemporary authors, grief experts and spiritual teachers is woven through personal stories of loss to explore the roles of compassion, community, and connection in this sacred journey.
Your tax-deductible donation helps us build supportive communities that honor each individual grief journey. Any amount helps. Together, we can directly reach even more communities.
Why we made Voices of Grief?
For those who have ever struggled in knowing what to say or do in the presence of profound loss—your own or someone else's, the film, “Voices of Grief: Honoring the Sacred Journey" and accompanying facilitator guides offer a hope-filled new perspective of how to successfully navigate grief, a common reality of the shared human experience.
Our community outreach approach is to partner with hospices, senior living communities, and faith organizations nationwide to build supportive communities that honor each individual grief journey.
Film benefits at the personal level:
- Inspires individuals to engage in intentional, thoughtful approaches to the grief process.
- Offers hope for a meaningful life beyond profound loss.
- Encourages a sense of spirit and deeper compassion for themselves and their friends and family experiencing loss.
Film-based educational benefits for caregivers:
- Underscores a more complete understanding of the process of grief.
- Provides appropriate, teachable skills that enable participants to confidently come alongside one who grieves in a life-enhancing way.
- Reduces burnout among professional caregivers by equipping them with enhanced skills and confidence in their encounters with those who grieve.
- Creates a network of caring professionals in your area of influence including medical professionals, counselors, senior living centers, schools, and faith communities.
What do professionals say?
“The Voices of Grief film engages the audience in an experience. The many faces, shapes, and sizes of grief are presented in the voices of those who have grieved and those whose professional roles include bearing witness with the grieving. The audience is drawn into the experience, to use it as each needs and wishes. The film evokes meaningful, deep experiences in diverse audiences.”
- Dr. Sara Qualls, Director of the University of Colorado Aging Center and Gerontology Center.
“This ﬁlm is a great way to share the importance of grief and mourning, ways to companion one another on the grief journey and the beneﬁts of rituals and ceremonies – all offered in an authentic and supportive way.”
- Jackie Hook, Celebrant, Koch Funeral Home
Donate via Credit Card or eCheck
How do I know that my donation was made successfully?
Do I get a receipt?
Is my donation private?